Router factories for the default gateway of router use 10.0.0.1 IP address as a class. This IP address should be distinctive in the local area network. With an IP address 10.0.0.1, only one device is allowed. So it is set as your own private network and sometimes it is applied as the default local address for many network routers.
What is Purpose of 10.0.0.1 ?
The IP address 10.0.0.1 is the use as a local side of connection when a wireless access point is attached to the internet. It is displayed in the TCP/IP network gateway setting in a user device which is connected to the local area network. If you want to know that your current device is using 10.0.0.1 then you can see it by using ping utility.
Setting up Your Router Using 10.0.0.1
To set your router on 10.0.0.1 is quite simple. For this purpose, you firstly sign in to admin panel of your router. These points should be followed for this purpose:
- Open the browser and enter http://10.0.0.1 in the address bar of your browser.
- Putting your user name and password where it is required. If you do not remember them, check out our handy guide
- Click the Network menu section.
- Put your login credentials (username and password) from your network provider.
- Google will provide DNS 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- If it is required to establish the wireless function of your router, then surely you have to set it. But always select a good encryption method like WPA or WPE
Possible Issues with 10.0.0.1
If you are using 10.0.0.1 then maybe you have to face some issues like device address assignment issue or unresponsive gateway device problem. To solve the problem of device address assignment, you just set up a static IP address for the gateway with 10.0.0.1. The gateway device issue is possible down to a technical failure. Incorrect client address assignment is also another problem. It only occurs when network names and IP address settings are automatically provided to users on a Wi-Fi network. The automation calls are the cause of bugs and errors. While they are exceptional but they cause a gateway setting corruption.
Router Username and Password List